What is Location Intelligence?
The ability to take organizational data and apply location to empower effective decision-making is what we call Location Intelligence.
A vast majority of all business/government data has some kind of location or spatial component. The integration of this location based data into daily operations helps organizations improve decision making and gain significant competitive advantages.
Location technologies can be incorporated into front & back office applications, field operations, supply-chains, and online customer service. It can be used in sales and marketing, transportation and logistics, inventory management and procurement, customer relationship management, retailing, manufacturing, claims and risk management, health care, real estate and more. Location can be an address, a service boundary, a sales territory, or a delivery route. All these things can be visualized and interactively managed and analyzed using location intelligence.
Location intelligence is empowering even non-GIS experts to gain the advantage of using location to make more insightful everyday decisions. Use location to answer basic or sophisticated question on how to improve businesses workflow, management, and ROI. Location intelligence can help you answer questions such as:
- Where should the next store be located?
- Where are sales surging – and where are they not?
- Where to dispatch emergency crews and what is the fastest route?
- Where are the best customers – and where to get more of them?
- Where should assets be placed; such as cell towers or ATM machines?
- Where is my critical infrastructure located?
- Where are my markets vulnerable to competition?
It also can answer “what if” scenarios to help in planning and predicting such as:
- What if a hurricane occurs in this location?
- What if a competitor builds a store here?
- What if demographics in a key market change?
Smart business requires location awareness to understand how location relationships impact an organization's analysis and operations. Given that location can be valuable to an organization in multiple ways, the decision as to the right level of location awareness that is necessary for an organization becomes critical. At Avanco, we provide a variety of consulting and advisory services to help our clients maximize their investment in location based GIS and mapping technologies. We work with our clients to identify how location intelligence can help to answer basic or sophisticated question on how to help achieve critical business objectives.